Cryptography Specialist Engineer (Snaps)Apply for this job
We’re building for a future where the internet and world economy empowers people through interactions based on consent, privacy, and free association. Where both communities and individuals flourish. To accomplish that, we’re working hard to make web3 accessible for everyone.
MetaMask is both a crypto wallet and a gateway to the decentralized web. Our tools help people create communities, play video games, access financial services, make payments, invest in assets, protect against economic turmoil, and more. Our browser extension and mobile platforms meet the needs of millions of users and developers across the world.
Originally a humble key manager, today MetaMask serves over 30 million monthly active users as a decentralized application development platform, an aggregator of decentralized cryptocurrency exchanges, and a decentralized identity manager.
About the Team
MetaMask Snaps is the next phase in MetaMask’s evolution. Currently available via MetaMask Flask, our developer preview build, it allows MetaMask, our partners, and the entire web3 community to add radical new functionality to MetaMask.
Install MetaMask Flask and check out live examples like Bitcoin, Filecoin, and a password manager. We aim to make adding entirely new networks and use cases as easy as it is to write a Dapp today.Watch our tech talks at ETHDenver and ETHRio and get a feel for the excitement and possibilities of MetaMask Snaps.
About the Role
The next phase of the MetaMask browser extension will bring transformative new features to the web3 ecosystem, while strengthening the flagship features that empower our users today. Developing these new features within our secure wallet extension framework will be a paradigm shift for wallet users and developers alike.
We are looking for highly collaborative cryptography engineers to drive the development of these wallet extensions. In this role, you will ensure that MetaMask continues to support our mission of democratizing access to the decentralized web.
To apply for this position, you must have:
- Experience directly implementing blockchain key derivation and signatures for several protocols.
- Deep understanding of security concepts and auditing standards.
- Ability to quickly get up to speed on new cryptographic developments and make informed recommendations about security, time to develop, and maintenance complexity.
- Demonstrated interest or experience with blockchain related development and web3 technologies through any of: work experience, hackathons, open source work, personal projects, or similar experiences.
- Several years of experience in roles requiring collaboration with design, QA and product
- Great understanding of the Ethereum blockchain and ecosystem.
- A passion for our mission and values
- Proactive and self-driven to be successful working in a remote environment
- Brings enthusiasm and the hustle to shipping high-quality code
- Are kind, empathetic, and supportive towards the team
- Timezone: Ideally between PT and ET, if in EU/UK you are able to have ~4 hours overlap with continental US time zones.
- Experience with zero knowledge proof protocols
- You’re a MetaMask user!
- Previous hands-on experience with security and cryptography.
- Prior experience developing extensions, plugins, or mods of any sort.
- Familiarity with agile processes (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
As a Senior Software Engineer on this team, you would contribute in the following areas:
- Help implement new user-facing functionality, including adding new protocols, networks, account types, and more, all via the Snaps wallet extension system.
- Work with our design, QA, and product teams to build the best possible wallet extension products with compelling user experiences, while working within a secure execution environment and templated design system.
- Advise, from a developer perspective, on the Snaps API and contribute to the planning and growth of the API to support an ecosystem of community wallet extension developers.
Please log in or create an account and become a temulandian in order to submit a report.