Data Warehouse ArchitectApply for this job
Founded in 2013, Bitcoin Suisse Ltd is the Swiss crypto-finance and technology pioneer and market leader. As an enabler for the crypto and blockchain ecosystem in Switzerland, Bitcoin Suisse has been a driving force in the development of the ‘Crypto Valley’ and the ‘Crypto Nation Switzerland’. The crypto-financial services provider offers brokerage, custody, lending, staking, payment solutions and other crypto-related services for private and institutional clients. As a member of the self-regulatory organization Financial Services Standards Association (VQF), Bitcoin Suisse is a financial intermediary subject to Swiss AML/CFT regulations. Bitcoin Suisse consists of several companies under the parent company BTCS Holding Ltd. The company is headquartered in Zug and has built a team of over 300 highly qualified experts in Switzerland and Europe. | www.bitcoinsuisse.com
What will you be working with?
- Participate in the design of both the technical and informational architecture for the data warehouse, including all DW related systems (staging area, data warehouse, data marts, and operational data stores)
- Participate in enterprise-wide data modelling and database design
- Create logical and physical data models, mapping logical to physical
- Design, implement, test, monitor, manage, and validate data warehouse, including data extraction, transformation, movement, loading, cleansing and updating processes.
- Coordinates with relevant stakeholders to ensure overall health and performance of the data warehouse environment.
- Work with end users to translate business questions and requirements into applications that employ the appropriate reporting
- Assists in monitoring system performance, reliability, availability, and recoverability of the DW environment.
- Write functions and stored procedures within SQL databases
- Configure data pipelines within Microsoft Azure data services
- Assist the company’s Infrastructure and Reporting teams as required
- Write and maintain documentation of the company’s databases
Here is our wish list for what you can do already
- Sc./M.Sc. in Computer Science, a comparable degree in computer science or equivalent professional experience
- Five or more years of experience with data warehousing and business intelligence and/or large and complex database management systems
- Strong relational and dimensional data modelling and database design skills
- Hands-on experience using ETL/ELT tools
- Experience with Power BI
- Possesses interviewing, observing, questioning, and analysing skills
- Ability to investigate complex business problems, develop effective recommendations, negotiate and/or present solutions, and resolve problems in a highly professional manner
- Experience with the data capabilities on Azure
- Excellent knowledge of T-SQL and Python
- Experience with Kafka and BI-Tools is preferable
- Domain experience in finance will be a plus
- Understanding of blockchain and cryptography will be a plus
Are you looking for an exciting and challenging job in a dynamic and international environment where you will play a very important role in the success of the company? And is the opportunity to work with leading organizations within the space of Crypto Finance as well as the opportunity to shape your role and tasks driven by your interests appealing to you?
Note that for this position only direct applications will be considered with a valid working permit for Switzerland.