Legal & Compliance AnalystApply for this job
The NEAR Foundation is hiring A Legal & Compliance Analyst. This individual will provide support to various members of the legal team across several key areas including KYC/AML, document preparation and contract management. This support will primarily be administrative/project management but there is scope for it to be/become more with the right individual. This individual will ideally have some legal training and/or background working in a legal department so they are able to take ownership of some of these tasks (e.g. a paralegal).
- KYC screen individuals and projects and escalate issues
- Have ownership over KYC process
- Assist in the contract management process
- Assist in contract drafting and review as needed
- Some level of legal or compliance training and/or experience of working within a law firm or legal department.
- Familiarity with KYC/AML regulations processes.
- Ability to take ownership of processes, identify red flags and ability to offer new ideas.
- Familiarity with various contracts and ability to thoroughly review simple contracts and provide feedback/edits.
- Highly organized and self-starter personality.
- Quick learner and adaptable.
- ECOSYSTEM-FIRST: always put the health and success of the ecosystem above any individual’s interest
- OPENNESS: operate transparently and consistently share knowledge to build open communities
- PRAGMATISM OVER PERFECTION: find the right solution not the ideal solution and beat dogmatism by openly considering all ideas
- MAKE IT FEEL SIMPLE: strive to make the complex feel simple so the technology is accessible to all
- GROW CONSTANTLY: learn, improve and fail productively so the project and community are always becoming more effective
NEAR is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. NEAR is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please let your recruiter know during the interview process.