Senior Cloud Support EngineerApply for this job
We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener – because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
As a Cloud Support Incident Manager, you will be responsible for providing world class support for Coinbase Cloud web3 APIs, services, and infrastructure. With a combination of in-depth crypto protocol expertise, a strong technical skill set and troubleshooting skills, and a bias towards action, you will play a crucial role in supporting the next generation of Web3.0 developers.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Work to support new and existing blockchain networks on our platform. This includes on-call rotations to handle hi-priority queues, facilitate incident response, triaging, mitigation steps and escalation management.
- Contribute to API, blockchain network and node support discussions. We are looking for a strong technical leader that can help drive and own Cloud support for multiple networks.
- Research complex topics around specific blockchain networks and node/network topologies.
- Incorporate monitoring, alerting, and observability to support our customers’ blockchain networks
- Work together with Cloud Product and Engineering teams to resolve complex customer technical issues and improve the experience of customers interacting with our blockchain networks via knowledge sharing, documentation and workflow improvements, etc,
- Assist vendor partners, Cloud Support Analysts in troubleshooting technical issues, service outages, agent training and process improvements.
- Provide thought leadership and industry best practices to drive Cloud Support strategy, operational metrics, trend analysis and customer advocacy insights.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a technical cloud support engineering role
- Familiarity with any of the primary tech stacks we work with: Go, Kubernetes, Helm, Docker, Terraform and AWS/GCP
- Knowledge of Rest API, Linux, database query languages, and programming/scripting languages
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Must work in a defined shift, as required by the business.
- Experience with crypto, cloud or other relevant operational domains.
- Experience with different channels of support, including voice, e-mail, social and/or chat.
- Motivated by Coinbase’s mission and creating a seamless support experience for our global customer base.
- Phenomenal communication skills in order to operate globally across multiple departments and stakeholders as well as educate customers on complex issues and communicate solutions.
- Flexible and adaptable to meeting the evolving needs of a high-growth and fast paced organization.
Nice to haves:
- Blockchain experience not required, but must demonstrate an eagerness to learn
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure or dev operations experience
- Experience with Grafana and/or MySQL
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.