Site Reliability EngineerApply for this job
The Web3 Foundation nurtures and stewards technologies and applications for the decentralized web. We collaborate with cutting-edge developer teams, researchers and community leaders to strengthen and extend the uses of decentralized technologies; building the future of identity, privacy, financial markets, commerce, and more.
Our core project at the moment is Polkadot, a protocol designed to connect blockchains and allow them to interoperate, share security and more. In addition, we are supporting the development of a number of technologies that form the Web 3.0 tech stack – such as decentralized messaging, distributed storage or secret management.
Do you like automation? Do you know Linux like the back of your hand? Do you want to work on creating the Web 3.0 infrastructure? Are you excited about joining a startup? We are looking for a team member whose mastery of Linux, Github, Docker and Kubernetes is second to none.
Then come join the Web3 Foundation team in Zug as a
Site Reliability Engineer
- Take ownership of the deployment and maintenance of Web3’s critical services, including chain operations and monitoring systems
- Help secure services and infrastructure using state of the art tools and technologies, such as VPNs, EDR, Vulnerability Management Systems, secure CI/CD, etc.
- Define, document, and implement data protection, observability and availability baselines in line with best practices across Web3’s infrastructure
- Participate in on-call rotation, disaster recovery, and post-mortem analysis
- Solid experience (at least two years) in cloud-native environments and their orchestration and automation using Kubernetes, Docker, Prometheus, Helm, etc.
- On-call and incident response experience
- Background and strong interest in security, and privacy by design
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English
- Experience with code review and audit (Typescript, Rust)
- Knowledge of Polkadot, and blockchain technologies in general
- Competitive compensation and employee benefits
- Regular company retreats at unique locations located around Europe
- Opportunity to work in a multinational, high-performance team with diverse backgrounds (i.e. physics, computer science, machine-learning algorithm design, legal, financial products, management consulting, marketing & advertising, etc.)
To apply to this position, we ask you to answer a few questions in the application form, and to submit your CV and a cover letter, telling us a bit about yourself and your motivation to join us.