at the time of publication
Build a Blockchain and a Cryptocurrency from Scratch
Build a blockchain and cryptocurrency. Discover the engineering ideas behind technologies like Bitcoin and Ethereum!
at the time of publication
What you'll learn
- Discuss the implementation of Blockchain and cryptocurrencies.
- Understand main blockchain concepts like Proof-of-Work, mining, peer-to-peer connections, etc.
- Build their own blockchain and cryptocurrency.
- Create a NodeJS application with real-time websocket connections.
- Build an API with NodeJS and Express.
- Familiarity with using a code editor and the command line.
- Some programming experience will definitely help. If you've never coded before, then this course will probably move too quickly.
Who this course is for
- The Blockchain engineers of the future.
- Anyone wanting to understand how cryptocurrencies are built.
- Cryptocurrency holders, so that way they can understand the underlying system.
- Anyone who wants to build a huge project in NodeJS, and it to their repertoire.
- Total students
30,901David is a software engineer at Zendesk, with a Bachelor of Computer Science from the University of San Francisco. David has gained valuable experience from the tech industry. By incorporating the best practices he has learned at work, he hopes to create the highest quality learning experiences possible.
This course will get you to build a blockchain and cryptocurrency from scratch.
The blockchain is a revolutionary technology that allows for the secure, distributed, decentralized storage of information. Over the past few years, the blockchain has taken the engineering landscape by storm. Many people in the industry predict that the blockchain will disrupt the ways we interact with technology on the same way the Internet did in the early 2000s.
The blockchain is the main technology behind Bitcoin, Ethereum, and the other prominent cryptocurrencies that we read about in the news today. By leveraging the blockchain, cryptocurrencies create a system of “trustless”ness. This cuts the need for middle men like banks and traders in economic systems.
Do you want to enter this young market, and become a highly sought-after blockchain engineer? The industry is starving for people who understand, and even better, can build blockchains. The supply is low, but the demand is high. So having a blockchain project under your belt will open doors and jobs for you.
For engineers, coders, and software developers, the best way to truly understand the revolutionary technologies of blockchain and cryptocurrencies, is to build a blockchain and cryptocurrency yourself. Therefore, this course will take you through implementing a blockchain and cryptocurrency – discovering the underlying techniques and concepts.
The course is designed into sections that introduce the main concepts of the blockchain one by one. By the end of the course, you will have a respectable blockchain project in your repertoire.
The course if awesome and the trainer knows his stuff but I think It should be labeled as you need to have and Understand Java and not in a basic entry level. As the course is explained taking for granted that everyone understands the subject being coded. Overall I loved it! Kudos!