DevOps Engineer – Infrastructure TeamApply for this job
What We’re Looking For:
The DevOps Engineer is part of the Cardano Foundation’s Infrastructure team and will report to the Head of Infrastructure. You will collaborate with developers from different teams to understand their requirements and enable them to build applications using CI/CD infrastructure that make our operations more reliable, secure and scalable. You will advance innovation with the support of our entire engineering team.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Duties, responsibilities, key competencies:
- Evaluate new tools that improve efficiency and enable us to scale our systems and services as the team grows
- Implement internal tools and dashboards for logging, alerting, monitoring
- Integrate CI pipelines with ticket management and bug tracking systems
- Collect metrics to help further optimise our pipelines
- Deploy and maintain applications on cloud-native microservices architectures
- Provide guidance and educate team members on development and operations
- Improve documentation, design processes and update existing ones
- Automate and maintain development and test environments
- Deploy and monitor blockchain environments for benchmarking and integration testing
- Analyse systems performance and resource usage
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors
- Investigate and resolve technical issues and provide support to the team
What We Look For In You:
List of required Qualifications/ Education and Experience:
- Degree in computer science, computer engineering or related fields (Masters preferred)
- Excellent knowledge of networks and cloud technology providers (AWS, Google)
- Extensive knowledge of Linux/Unix operating systems
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration platforms
- Experience with Prometheus/Grafana, ELK logging
- Experience implementing CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, Github Actions, GitLab or similar)
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet etc)
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code (e.g. Terraform, Cloudformation)
- You have strong analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills
- You are focused on achieving goals in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Ability to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to understand user requirements and develop solutions
Applications From Recruitment AgenciesCardano Foundation does not accept any applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Unsolicited applications will be treated as direct application regardless of the channel through which we receive them. Please get in touch with our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected] to discuss recruitment services and do not contact Cardano Foundation employees directly.Apply for this positionAbout Us
Cardano Foundation has incredible employees from over 24 nationalities, across 3 continents which you will work collegiately to grow the Foundation.
Here at Cardano Foundation’s we are transparent, inclusive, passionate and innovative. As such our mission is to have a positive impact on global change and breed a harmonious working environment for our employees to flourish.
- Our employees have the flexibility and freedom to work from home with flexible working hours.
- All Cardano foundation employees will have access to a personal annual learning budget dedicated to personal professional and personal development.
- A day a year is dedicated to a departmental team activity fun day out.
- Cardano Foundation gives the opportunity to its employees to dedicate a volunteering day to help the greater community or to be an expert in your field of work within the blockchain community.
- Employees are given additional day off for their birthday.
- Cardano Foundation also rewards days off as per established work anniversaries milestones.
Cardano Foundation strives to provide a diverse, inclusive and welcoming working environment. We are committed being a discrimination free organisation – including discrimination free space with regards to age, religion, race, nationality/ethnic origin, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity.