Senior UX ResearcherApply for this job
Real Vision helps people understand the complex world of finance, business, and the global economy with real in-depth analysis by real experts through the power of its community.
The company is on a mission to democratize the very best financial intelligence for all and become the one place where everyone lives their financial lives.
This enhanced platform will offer members different learning journeys that put them in control of their finances. Members will be able to watch videos, listen to podcasts, monitor market prices, analyze markets and economies, do technical analysis, create watch lists, read and publish research, monitor their portfolios, execute trades across both Tradfi and Crypto, and contribute to a thriving hive mind community.
To help us get there, we are looking for a User Experience Researcher to inform and inspire segment-defining end-to-end experiences by embedding our user’s perspective in the language of our organization. In this role, you’ll explore the foundations of user behaviors and motivations through a full range of primary research methods including in-depth interviews, ethnography, surveys, workshops, and focus groups. You will leverage your experience in surfacing human-centered truths and translating them into opportunities to keep our users at the core of innovation and product development. Reporting to the VP, Insights & Data, you will work alongside a cross-functional, fully remote team of Visionaries including product, design, engineering, and marketing to inspire bespoke, memorable journeys that our members will love.
What you will do:
- More than anything, ask “why” and facilitate a culture of member obsession
- Develop, scope, and conduct recurring, end-to-end primary research sprints to include learning objective, user recruiting, mind mapping, interview guides, generative interviews, synthesis, and reporting
- Partner with Product and Design teams to rapidly source and prioritize emerging research interests
- Systematically manage and organize research artifacts to facilitate synthesis and analysis as well as to drive org-wide accessibility
- Participate in all user-centric design initiatives such as experience mapping, service blueprints and persona development
- Socialize your work with diverse audiences through crafted insights, decks, stories, videos, and testimonials to drive organizational interest in user research
Who you are:
- 5+ years of direct, hands-on experience designing, conducting, and analyzing user research
- Understand the difference between sympathy and empathy and want to be a passionate advocate for our users
- Always ask why and have endless curiosity for the end user across their entire journey from Living > Looking > Buying > Using > Loving > Sharing
- You run 1-on-1, empathy style user research in both virtual and in-person formats
- Analyze and synthesize your own primary research via coding, tagging, clustering, and affinity diagraming
- Highly organized from the way you structure your time all the way down to how you structure your research artifacts
- Experience collaborating with Product and Design teams throughout the user research lifecycle
- Demonstrated capacity to handle multiple research studies in parallel or rapid sequence
- You are steeped in Design Thinking and associated frameworks and enjoy facilitating research milestones
- Live for qualitative research and have interest and ability in analyzing quantitative data
- You have startup and/or early growth stage experience where a bias for action in a dynamic and fast-paced environment is tables stakes
- Have foundational knowledge of information architecture, design principles, and content strategy for digital products on mobile and web
- You communicate your ideas clearly and concisely
- Ideally, you are (or have been) a Real Vision subscriber or member
- You have experience with tools like Ethnio, TypeForm, HotJar, Miro, Notion, and other UX collaboration and communication platforms
What We Offer:
- Real Vision is 100% remote
- Our compensation philosophy is to pave above the median average
- We provide equity grants to all our full-time employees
- We pay 100% monthly premium for medical, including dental and vision for our employees and even cover families at a heavily reduced rate
- We offer 401k matching and a Real Vision All Access membership ($6000 value per year) so our employees can learn how to invest
- All our employees get at least 25 days of PTO (5 weeks) to cover vacation, sick leave, or personal time away, and we honor US Holidays
- Perhaps most importantly, our culture is considered one of the best places to work in the world; we offer a working environment that is collaborative, authentic, passionate, transparent and high-vibe.